Church of St Tyfei
Llandyfeisant, Carmarthenshire
Diocese: Tyddewi/St Davids
OS Grid Ref.: SN62192221
Lat/Lng: 51.8813729295,-4.00356922817
Church near Llandeilo and Dynefor Castle, now closed. It was dedicated to Tyfei, or Tyfái, which is suggested by the place-name, although not given in eighteenth-century sources. Rice Rees claimed it as a church dedicated to David, although Wade-Evans gives Tyvai, in accordance of the first edition six-inch map (St Tyfei's Church).
More information
National Monuments RecordChurch Heritage Cymru
Sources
Browne Willis, Parochiale Anglicanum (London: 1733), 190
John Ecton, Thesaurus Rerum Ecclesiasticarum (London: 1754), 474
Ordnance Survey 6 inch map (1880s)
A.W. Wade-Evans, 'Parochiale Wallicanum' in Y Cymmrodor (1910), 52
Search for further information about Church of St Tyfei on Google