Carmarthen Priory
Carmarthen, Carmarthenshire
Diocese: Tyddewi/St Davids
OS Grid Ref.: SN41962044
Lat/Lng: 51.8601020484,-4.29643008454
Priory of Augustinian canons, founded c. 1125 by the Bishop of St Davids and dedicated to John the Evangelist and Theulac (Teulyddog). It was dissolved in 1537. The site was in existence prior to the arrival of the Normans, and was briefly in the possession of a Benedictine community for a few years prior to the foundation of the Augustinian Priory.
More information
National Monuments RecordMonastic Wales (2009), site/43 View online
Search for further information about Carmarthen Priory on Google