Church of St Mwrog

Llanfwrog, Anglesey

Diocese: Bangor/Bangor

OS Grid Ref.: SH30178390
Lat/Lng: 53.3246975554,-4.55140490565

Evidence for the dedication of the church comes from the early attestation of the place-name as Lanwrauc in 1254. A lost chapel called Mynwent Mwrog was formerly on the farm of Cefn Glas in Llanfwrog.

Saints linked to this site

More information

National Monuments Record

S. Baring-Gould & John Fisher, The Lives of the British Saints (London: Honourable Society of Cymmrodorion, 1911), 505–6    View online

Hywel Wyn Owen & Richard Morgan, Dictionary of the Place-Names of Wales (Llandysul: Gomer, 2007), 252

Sources

Browne Willis, Parochiale Anglicanum (London: 1733), 214

John Ecton, Thesaurus Rerum Ecclesiasticarum (London: 1754), 501

A.W. Wade-Evans, 'Parochiale Wallicanum' in Y Cymmrodor (1910), 90

Search for further information about Church of St Mwrog on Google