Llanfwrog
Llanfwrog, Anglesey
OS Grid Ref.: SH301838
Lat/Lng: 53.3237771095,-4.55240116234
Place-name first attested as Lanwrauc in 1254. As well as the church at Llanfwrog, dedicated to Mwrog, a lost chapel called Mynwent Mwrog was formerly on the farm of Cefn Glas in Llanfwrog.
More information
S. Baring-Gould & John Fisher, The Lives of the British Saints (London: Honourable Society of Cymmrodorion, 1911), 505–6 View online
Hywel Wyn Owen & Richard Morgan, Dictionary of the Place-Names of Wales (Llandysul: Gomer, 2007), 252