Church of St Deiniol
Llanddaniel Fab, Anglesey
Diocese: Bangor/Bangor
OS Grid Ref.: SH49577046
Lat/Lng: 53.2098544537,-4.25402266463
Church built in 1873 on an earlier site, dedicated to Deiniol. Now closed.
The place-name Llanddaniel Fab (first recorded in the form Llandimoelwab in 1254) indicates that Deiniol's son was the patron here, who seems to have been regarded as a separate saint by the sixteenth century.More information
National Monuments RecordSources
Browne Willis, Parochiale Anglicanum (London: 1733), 215
John Ecton, Thesaurus Rerum Ecclesiasticarum (London: 1754), 502
Hywel Wyn Owen & Richard Morgan, Dictionary of the Place-Names of Wales (Llandysul: Gomer, 2007), 223
A.W. Wade-Evans, 'Parochiale Wallicanum' in Y Cymmrodor (1910), 92
Search for further information about Church of St Deiniol on Google