Church of St Michael

Rhostïe, Cardiganshire

Diocese: Tyddewi/St Davids

OS Grid Ref.: SN62487284
Lat/Lng: 52.3363546544,-4.01982015936

The church, rebuilt in 1816, and again in 1881⁠–2, closed in 1980 and is now roofless. The place-name Llanfihangel Rhostïe is also attested.

Saints linked to this site

More information

National Monuments Record
Church Heritage Cymru

Iwan Wmffre, The Place-Names of Cardiganshire (Oxford: Archaeopress, 2004), 809

Sources

Browne Willis, Parochiale Anglicanum (London: 1733), 196

John Ecton, Thesaurus Rerum Ecclesiasticarum (London: 1754), 480

A.W. Wade-Evans, 'Parochiale Wallicanum' in Y Cymmrodor (1910), 63

Search for further information about Church of St Michael on Google