Church of St Illtyd, St Gwynno and St Dyfodwg

Llantrisant, Glamorgan

Diocese: Llandaf/Llandaff

Exterior of the Church of St Illtyd, St Gwynno and St Dyfodwg, Llantrisant
Photo © Martin Crampin

OS Grid Ref.: ST04648342
Lat/Lng: 51.54159377006,-3.3764463025196

The names of the three patron saints of the church are usually thought to be Illtud, Gwynno and Tyfodwg, although Samuel Evans gives Dyvnog, Iddog and Menw.

Illtud, Gwynno and Tyfodwg are all attested as patrons of the church in the thirteenth century.

Saints linked to this site

More information

National Monuments Record
Church Heritage Cymru
Stained Glass in Wales

Samuel Evans, A Topographical Dictionary of Wales (London: S. Lewis and Co., 1834), Llantrissent    View online

Sources

Browne Willis, Parochiale Anglicanum (London: 1733), 198

A.W. Wade-Evans, 'Parochiale Wallicanum' in Y Cymmrodor (1910), 67

Taxatio (2014), LL.LL.LL.15    View online

Search for further information about Church of St Illtyd, St Gwynno and St Dyfodwg on Google