Church of St John the Evangelist
Penllyn, Glamorgan
Diocese: Llandaf/Llandaff
OS Grid Ref.: SS97367610
Lat/Lng: 51.4745199366,-3.4792515969
Church of uncertain antiquity. It was reported that, at the time of some work on the building in the 1840s, it had been converted from a 'Parish House' into a chapel of ease to Llanfrynach about a century previously. It was rebuilt in 1850, and is dedicated to John the Baptist, although Wade-Evans gives the dedication as Brynach, from the medieval church of Llanfrynach.
More information
National Monuments RecordChurch Heritage Cymru
Geoffrey R. Orrin, Church Building and Restoration in Victorian Glamorgan: An architectural and documentary study (Cardiff: University of Wales Press, 2004), 128
Sources
A.W. Wade-Evans, 'Parochiale Wallicanum' in Y Cymmrodor (1910), 71
Search for further information about Church of St John the Evangelist on Google