Church of St Mary

Llanfair-Treflygen, Cardiganshire

Diocese: Tyddewi/St Davids

OS Grid Ref.: SN34384414
Lat/Lng: 52.0707943887,-4.41783852541

Church attested in 1355, although its association with Mary as patron dates only to the mid-sixteenth century. It was no longer in use by the nineteenth century.

Saints linked to this site

More information

National Monuments Record

Iwan Wmffre, The Place-Names of Cardiganshire (Oxford: Archaeopress, 2004), 173

Sources

Browne Willis, Parochiale Anglicanum (London: 1733), 194

John Ecton, Thesaurus Rerum Ecclesiasticarum (London: 1754), 479

A.W. Wade-Evans, 'Parochiale Wallicanum' in Y Cymmrodor (1910), 60

Search for further information about Church of St Mary on Google