Church of St Mary and Nicholas
Beaumaris, Anglesey
Diocese: Bangor/Bangor
OS Grid Ref.: SH60417613
Lat/Lng: 53.2637459759,-4.09431165443
Eighteenth-century sources agree on the dedication of the church at Beaumaris to Mary, although the current dedication is jointly to Mary and Nicholas. Writing in the later eighteenth century, Thomas Pennant refers to chapels of St Mary and of St Nicholas 'in antient writings'.
More information
National Monuments RecordChurch Heritage Cymru
Stained Glass in Wales
Thomas Pennant, A Tour in Wales II , 255
Sources
Browne Willis, Parochiale Anglicanum (London: 1733), 216
John Ecton, Thesaurus Rerum Ecclesiasticarum (London: 1754), 503
A.W. Wade-Evans, 'Parochiale Wallicanum' in Y Cymmrodor (1910), 93
Search for further information about Church of St Mary and Nicholas on Google